Re: Oscilliscope recommendation

A 465 would also work. Going prices are $500 ish for uncalibrated, about
$800-1000 for it calibrated.  Service Manuals run about $100.

However, those aren't storage scopes, and for TC'ing storage is very nice.

Another lowbuck alternative is the Radio Shack "scope meter".... Not the
best resolution in the world (6 or 8 bits) and not a whole lot of samples
(256, I think), but cheap, has a rs232 interface to a pc, and if it takes a
hit, you won't cry.  Certainly good enough performance for looking at TC
waveforms.