Re: Odd numbers

In a message dated 9/13/00 10:52:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<<  Okay, if it's the voltage, I can see a 28kv1.5kva PT being worthwhile.  If
 it's the current, I can see MOT's or a 7.2kv20-50kva PT being a solution.
 On either end of the examples, quenching is a problem.  The 28kv system can
 ignite a long arc just by it's potential.  The 7.2kv'er will try to powerarc
 just by sheer current (several hundred MA at least)

Hi Sundog all,

As I'm certainly no expert on this matter, it seems that I've heard
that the current is what determines the actual strength of the mag-
netic field (ampere-turns)? Maybe some of the more knowledgable
engineers on list could respond to this?

Good Safe Coiling,
David R. (Memphis, TN)