From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 10:42 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Tesla coil blunders

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Gary and John C.,

The B-K 1823 counter will read a continuous sine wave or square wave. It
will
not read a sine wave of variable burst rate. At least not for me it won't. I
take this as a good indicator that it will not read the non-CW output of a
disruptive coil. As I do not want to risk the sacrifice of my freq counter,
did not carry the experiment any further.

Any more info on the subject will be much appreciated.
Learning in progress but much too slowly.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

<< Gary and John C.,

 That is my basic question as to the use of a counter  to read the operating
frequency.
 I'll try it tomorrow (carefully) and post my results.

 Cheers,
 Ralph Zekelman >>