Re: SSgap Update 4-1-2001

Hi Peter,

My gap can only switch the primary circuit on and off with no effect on
resonant frequency.  However, I think Kennan's super fancy primary drive
can easily work at any frequncy.  My solid state coil needs the frequency
tweaked as the power increases which is easy since it is a steady
electrical load and the RF generator has a front panel frequency adjust.
What would be tricky is finding the right tuning point in real time.  Maybe
not super hard for a CW coil where a modist directional coupler (or VI
sensor) and some electronics could direct the tuning frequency.  But for a
disruptive coil, one may just have to figure out a pre-programmed frequency
profile.

Much to think about here...

Cheers,

	Terry