Re: Tesla coil blunders

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Ralph -
>
> What are your coil parameters? What test data do you from your tests? Thank
> you in advance.
>
> John Couture
>
> -----------------------

	Frequency counters work by counting the number of cycles (zero
crossings of the waveform) in a given time interval, and hence can't
measure the frequency of any waveform of shorter duration than that
interval.  HP used to make (and Agilent probably still does) equipment
to measure the frequency of pulsed signals by measuring the period of a
selected portion of those signals and then calculating the frequency
from that.  Suspect they could be used to measure the subject frequency,
by a scope can do the same thing with enough accuracy for any TC work I
can imagine....

Ed