Re: RF grounding question (very rocky soil)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/2/01 11:50:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>
>
> I'm building my first coil, medium to largeish, and will probably have
> to run it outdoors, since I just don't have a spot indoors that seems
> safe.  The soil where I live (northeast PA) is loaded with rocks, and no
> way will I ever drive an 8 foot rod into the ground.  Would two or more
> 4 foot rods do?  I have serious doubts I'll even be able to drive in 4
> foot rods.  If not, how about a bunch of 2 foot rods spread out and tied
> together with heavy cable?
>
>    -  Bill

Hi Bill!

It may work if you tie them in parallel (radially) not in series (sequential
string). I would try 2 four-footers first and see if they would go in. You
can always cut them in half when they are half way in.

Matt D.