Re: Just wound 1st 2ndary, need help sizing primary, other Q's...

In a message dated 4/3/01 3:39:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>   <and this transformer from an X-ray power supply, which I got off eBay:

Bill,

I once ran my coil of an x-ray transformer just for fun.  I used
a simple series static gap, and removed one the x-ray secondaries
to give half the normal voltage.  I also ran it on 120 V instead of
the rated 240 volts.  The static gap limited the voltage of course.
This was originaly an 80kV x-ray unit, rated at 850 watts.  It
gave a 45" spark or so.

John