Re: SSgap Update 4-1-2001

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

I might if I had such a scope.  As it is, using expanded/delayed sweep, I
find the Fr's are within 15%--and, I suspect, a lot closer.  As good as I
can do, right now.

KCH

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:06:44 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>
>
> Kennan,
>         wow, cool. So can you track that freq with a digital storage
> scope,
> before and after spark breakout. If so, what do you observe?
>
> -Peter Lawrence.
>

> >Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>
> >
> >Peter-
> >
> >Yes, that's what I do: the whole thing is a power oscillator with
> the
> >only frequency-determining element being the secondary.  It always
> >operates at the instantaneous Fr of the secondary.
> >
> >It's tough to closely track that frequency otherwise since a) it's
> >generally a pretty sharp resonance and b) it wanders depending on
> nearby
> >conductors.  But s.s. systems, I am finding, have to be pretty
> "beefy" to
> >yield the quick & large flux-pulse necessary to shoot out really
> long
> >sparks.
> >
> >Ken Herrick
> >
> >On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:40:06 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >writes:
> >> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
> >> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>
> >>
> >> Terry,
> >>       (and anyone else working on SS-TC, Kennan?...) since the
> >> resonant
> >> frequence of a TC secondary seems to change w/ and w/o a
> streamer,
> >> have
> >> you ever considered changing the driver frequence in real time to
>
> >> match
> >> the secondary.
> >>
> >> -Peter Lawrence.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!