Re: Need Ozone

Original poster: "default by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <moya-at-primus.ca>

Hello  Ed, Dunckx and all

That is a good question Ed - As I am only using the "sniff" test - O3 is
heavier then O2 (you
knew that) and it is more concentrated near the floor level - I can detect
a sharp/fresh smell
right away (when trying to generate O3) but once in a while I thought I
smelt chlorine/bleech
and I surmised this was a more saturated % of O3 (getting closer).

Here is the O3 test recently posted by  (Jeff /cougercat) - I hope this is
right....

-**  General College Chemistry; Sneed & Maynard  - Van Nostrand Press 1944

There is a simple test that can detect ozone in less than 1 part in
1,000,000.  It consists of a piece of paper that has been moistened with a
starch emulsion containing a little sodium or potassium iodide.  In the
presents of ozone, the iodine is set free and impacts a blue color to the
starch. **

Cheers Tom  (by the way the least expensive O3 meter I have come across is
around 360$ usd of
coarse)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>