Re: ??Where to get a POLE Transformer??

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

> I would be most interested in where this opinion comes from also...why IS
> aluminum "crap"? Except for the oxidation, and to a lesser extent, the
> compression factor, I can see nothing wrong with it. Houses were wired for
> years with aluminum, and although that is not done anymore, the large gauge
> wires coming from the pole are often of aluminum, which is still sold at your
> friendly neighborhood home depot. I too have a Pole transformer with AL
> windings (the low-volt side) My high voltage coil is copper.
>
> Chris W

	I'll second the question.  What's wrong with aluminum, IF it is used
properly?  Note that almost all HV transmission lines these days are
made up of ACSR (Aluminum Cable, Steel Reinforced) conductors.

Ed