Re: Treenails??

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

> odd topic, hmm?
>
> here we go..
>
> I read and have held firm to the "do not use metal screws in tesla coil
> construction".

Well, here is what I have planned for my primary - please tell me if
this seems safe or not.

I was planning on a plywood deck with wooden supports for the primary,
the wooden supports to be screwed down on the ends to the plywood deck
(brass screws).  However, I'm using 1/4" copper tubing, and have some
1/4" inside diameter polyethylene tubing (3/8" outside diameter) that
I'll cut into short segments (about 3/4").  I'll slide these pieces of
polyethylene tubing over the copper primary, and they'll be used to
insulate the copper tubing from the wooden supports, which will have
3/8" inch slots cut in them (to snugly fit the polyethylene tubing with
copper primary inside). So there will always be 1/16" of polyethylene
between the primary and any wood.  Will this make it safe?

	- Bill