Re: rectified nst's and hookup

In a message dated 4/6/01 11:43:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  LUC, ALL
>  HAS ANYONE MADE A DC POWER SUPPLY OUT OF AN NST?
>  I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK NO MATTER WHAT I DO, COULD IT BE THE FACT THAT I
>  USED THREE 12KV DIODES PER LEG OF THE BRIDGE AND AM USING A 12KV NST?
>  HELP PLEASE
>  MARC M.

Marc,

Well in one test, I used half an NST (one side), and rectified it
with a bridge, filtered the DC and fed it to a tube coil.  Then by
running the tube coil in the staccato pulsed mode, I was able to
get 16" sparks using only 140 watts or so, without the need for
a high peak-power xfrmer.

John