Re: Tesla Coil Regulations??????

In a message dated 4/6/01 11:44:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "raven0075 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> raven0075-at-home-dot-com>
>
>  I have told a few people that I have constructed a Tesla Coil, most people
>  don't seam to understand why I built it, and some people seam to be
freaked
> out
>  by the power it produces, what kind of problems has anyone run in with city
>  officials, with a high voltage device.  I understand about the RF
> interference
>  FCC problems and PCB's and OZONE, but is there anything else that they
could
>  shut you down for?.
>
>  Or is there no laws prohibiting the use of a coil? and High voltage in your
>  Garage.

Brian,

This subject has been discussed about a billion times on this list,
so if you read the archives, you can read endless viewpoints.  I
recommend this course of action.

The bottom line is there are no specific laws about running a Tesla
coil.  PCB's are illegal however.  If the Tesla coil causes problems
such as too much noise, or interference, and folks complain, and if you
don't take steps to improve things, then of course they may shut you
down, just as they would do with a loud stereo blasting, etc.   It's best
not to dwell on these issues too much.  Just use common sense, and
take safety precautions, etc.