Re: Need Ozone

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

We use a similar test to find ozone leaks in the two
ozone generating facilities I built. The test is
deliberately not very sensitive. The rag is places on
each pipe joint, until the leak is found. If we got a
reading just from the ozone in the air, we'd never
find the leak. The test may require a longer period of
exposure, or be moved closer to the source. I'll try
find out the exact recipe we use.

Adam

> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Same lack of resources - So I saturated a small
> amount of hot water w/ salt
> i.e. ( .001%)
> sodium iodide an mixed it with starch - Nothing
> happened so I thickened the
> solution w/ more
> starch nothing happened - Then I thin the solution
> w/ more sodium iodide
> still nothing - Guess I
> need a more concentrated form of sodium iodide or
> blue paper for any results.
>
> I will check on those O3 test strips I found at an
> URL.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

=====