Re: Tesla Coil Blunders

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

John C, Malcolm,

I should know well that blundering into the truth is not the worst of
outcomes.

I have been following this thread on what I will call TC dynamics. That is,
the measurement and design of TCs for the changes that must take place when
the coil
is operating and energy is being released; the moving (dynamic) state as
distinguished
from the usual static math we normally use in designing a coil.

When I read about spark capacitance and resistance, and the voltage divider
network
formed by the spark R and the coil R, it all reminds me of Heisenberg: I
think we should all be very uncertain. Until this current thread I have
mostly considered the coil as having
almost, repeat almost, as little effect on the spark as the gun has on the
bullet once the bullet leaves the gun. In reality, this situation is much
more complicated because the spark and the coil are operating within changing
electric fields. The process boggles,
and I wouldn't begin to know how to approach the math on this. Let the buyer
beware but
IMHO, there is a strong uncertainty factor here and you guys may not be
measuring what you think you are measuring.

The disruptive coil technology never had a chance to mature, and much of the
math and physics may be unexplored. Do you guys consider your work as
original research?
Is there any text material available on the subject?

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman