Re: Energy Conservation and Coils?

Original poster: "Greg Leyh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Your assailant didn't run the numbers, I should think.

Let's assume that the average coiler operates a 2kW coil
for 20 minutes total time, 3 nights a week.  The total
consumption for this coil for the month will be about 8 kWh.

Now let's consider your assailant's VCR, which is probably
plugged in all of the time, blinking 12:00.  A typical VCR
consumes about 15W.  Given 720 hrs in a month, the VCR
consumes 10.8 kWh total, for the month.

Make a deal with them -- You'll stop coiling if they don't
use their VCR.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org

--------------
Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

Hello again.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday, on the topic of how my
Coil's
reflected on the energy situation in Washington/California.

The response I got goes something like this:

"Don't you think that thats just a little irresponsible?  I understand
the
drive behind doing things like this, but could you hold off until we at
least sort out the energy problems?  Were all low on water, were sending
all our electricity to California, and you and your coils are just
sucking
it all up.  Were all trying to conserve here, why aren't you doing your
part?"

Well, I must admit that that came after I suggested that maybe if they
conserved more, it would come out even...

So, really, how does this affect conservation, and what's the best that
can