Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Drew, you want a good indestructible cap?  Get barium titanate
doorknobs!  These things rock!  I run them for 60 minutes at a time,and
if stacked properly they will NOT overheat or drift.  So forget about all
the hate mail you will get about the barium titanate caps drifting when
hot, just stack them properly and they will exceed all your expectations,
they rule!!!!!  Stack them properly for your coil and you will have a
reliable easy to use and interchangeable bank that will survive any and
all power that you put into them.  And if stacked properly, they will
easily exceed any rating of your power supply. I have still yet to see
anyone on the list that can run a set of other kinds of caps for 60
minutes at a time on their coils without overheating.  All I get is, well
gee wiz, who needs to run a coil for a 60 minute period!  Well now, if
you are serious about experimentation with wireless power transmission,
then only a good quality cap will get you there   Commercial caps like
the Maxwells,etc are also good if you have a predestined tune, but you
better have your coil right on the money to use a Maxwell, if not, then
your coil will not fire properly.   If You just want to frighten people
for a small run then get other kinds of caps for your coil.  So Drew, if
you really want to fire your coils with easy interchangeability and
optimum tuning and flexibility at high CONTINUOUS power levels, then get
good quality barium titanates for your cap bank and you will be amazed at
the spark output of your coil!  J.M.O!  Only those of the Siberian Khatru
would dare understand!   Al.