Re: VARIAC

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Hi Will,

Nice catch! Although it would be massive overkill for now, you could easily
drive a single 15/60 NST off this Variac. First, you may need to disconnect
the motor drive and install a manual knob. Then you can simply wire up the
Variac so that, instead of applying 240 volts on the input, you'll run it
off 120 volts instead into the same inputs. You can ALWAYS run a Variac off
a voltage source that's less than its faceplate rating.

Good luck, Will!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I went to the junk yard yesterday, and i found a great item for coilers.
It was