Re: MMC?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Chris,

MMC is an acronym for Multi-Mini Cap.  It is a type of
home built Tesla coil tank cap consisting of a number
of small, commercially manufactured polypropylene film
capacitors arranged in a series/parallel grid to
achieve the desired voltage and capacity rating.  The
MMC offers performance comparable to a commercially
built pulse cap at a fraction of the cost.  EMMC
(Enhanced MMC) is another acronym you may come across
in web literature.  See Terry Fritz's site for more
detail on MMC history, development, and design.  His
site is at http://hot-streamer-dot-com

I've compiled a glossary of Tesla Mailing List
acronyms, abbreviations, and jargon specifically for
newbies. You may find it useful. The glossary is one
of the first clickable things you'll come across at
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg

Best Regards,

Gregory R. Hunter