special disk capacitor question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

Hello coilers!   Help!

I need some advice from you more experienced builders.

I have got my hands on a bunch(16) of high voltage (30kv) capacitors.
They are from a power supply of an x-ray generator.  It is immersed in oil
and cased in a large metal box.  All 16 of them are soldered to a cockroft
walton (I think thats how it's spelled) voltage multiplier board.   They
are 1-1/8  inch round and 3/8 inch thick with the leads comming out from
each side.

The labeling is  152M
          TDK

1.5 nF  * 16 caps =  24nF        if all paralleled             and I can
remove  any number for smaller values

Question:   I know I've read that small disk caps can't handle the surge
currents of a tesla coil when used in an MMC, but that is series \ parallel
configuration.  I maybe able to run these in parallel only.  Would these
BIG disk caps be any good for a neon sign powered tesla coil.        I hope
they are but what do you think!.

Also there are 20 diodes  all hv on the same board,  2 stepup transformers,
4 - 200 Mohm resistors and other stuff, cool hey!

I welcome all comments and thanks for your help in advance !

Shaun Epp
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada