Re: Newbie with a few questions...

Original poster: "Gary Abusive by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gary_abusive-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Mike,
>
>The top few inches of the secondary under the beer cam look thicker.  >Is
>there something there or was that just the way the photo turned out?

Yeah, it's just a PVC coupling, wanted to elevate the topload away from
the top windings a little.

>I have never seen corona in the center of the coil like that.  Not sure
>what to say...

Nah, it's just the top windings...  luckily they don't appear to be
getting damaged at all though, so I guess it isn't too much of a problem,
just hate seeing power wasted. Anyway, I'll keep playing around and let
you guys know when I get at least 10" arcs. :)

_Mike