Re: barium titanate doorknob caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Will, I have had good luck with Fair Radio Sales of Ohio, MECI of
Ohio, and Surplus Center of Nebraska.  Prices vary as does availability,
sometimes you gotta be in the right place at the right time to get a good
surplus deal.  Search the www consistantly and the bargains will unfold!
But do not even think of using these things for a Tesla unless you
configure a good series/parallel stack that will give you a ac voltage
rating of a least double of what your tranny puts out in the tank
circuit.  I configure mine for a better than double ac rating at a
MINIMUM for use in my tanks.  That is the only way to ensure longterm
reliability with barium titanate caps.  If money is a problem short term,
then you would probably be better off trying the MMC caps that Terry
Fritz (our moderator) has available, the MMC's may be all that you will
ever need.    Al.