RE: 2nd Coil FIrst Light???

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

One more likely cause for poor performance is if the pri-sec coupling is
too loose.  Try bringing the secondary lower until you see sparks
running up and down the surface of the secondary, then raise the
secondary just a bit.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original poster: "raven0075 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<raven0075-at-home-dot-com>

Running a 15kva 60ma NST.
Primary 13 turns 1/4" copper tube with 3/4" spacing.
Using 10 awg wire to tap primary.
Secondary 8.5, 22awg with 933 + turns for 23".
Caps MMC 3 parallel strings of.056uf 1600V metal Polypro, x12 each per
string
for a total of 19,200volts.
Toroid 14" diameter X 4" high.
Using a static spark gap blown by my 3.0 horse shop vac.

I was able to get 12" solid 1/4 to 1/2 thick streamer to a ground post
once I
tuned it.

I am kinda disappointed thought it would do 2 to 3 feet.

Do I need more power?? or a bigger toroid.  I should be able to get 2 to
3 feet
out of the coil that size.

If I put 2 15kv NST's in parallel will this make much of a difference??

Or do you need a pole transformer to get this performance.

Thanks
Brian W.