"Plate" cap tests

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I got my coil hooked up with the plate cap in paralell with my MMC. The plate
cap is around 5nf and the MMC is around 5nf. I used a 12500v/60ma NST, I need
to try it with the 15000/60 NST since thats what the total capacitance was
designed for. Results were great. There were strikes to an ungrounded pool
table just under 3 feet away. There was even some extra streamers shooting
around to complement the larger streamer. I don't see much problem with the
party plate caps. They are large but costed only $20, that includes a 6
dollar rubbermaid container, and $10 dollars of mineral oil laxative. I could
fit twice the plates in and using non-detergent motor oil it should work well.