Re: MMC style caps

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hello everyone,
>
>I am having some trouble locating ideal mmc caps. I was wondering if anyone
>knew where i could pick some up either surplus or retail at a fairly good
>price. I have already been to digikey, and hosfelt. Also, i heard that the
>geek
>group was going to start selling ideal mmc caps. Is this true?

Yes, we will be carrying the best caps we have found on the market, at a
discounted rate, and specifically for Coiling use. We are hoping to make
these the standard for the current and future generations of MMC and EMMC
caps.

If s, when will
>they be available to order,

I'm working with CD right now to sort out the particulars, I would think we
have a distribution agreement and stock setup within a couple weeks.

>and what will the specs be?

A version of the 942C series, we'll carry round for sure, maybe oval. They
have axial leads, are rated for 2000VDC (about 1500AC in Tesla use and
they're fine) and we will have them in .1 and .15uf with the distinct
possibility of much larger sizes (keeps the counts low and trims down the
cost of building the MMC array).

Also, has anyone seen
>the GE cap that has a rating of 3kv -at- .1uf? I have seen quite a bit of
>these
>caps on many coilers sites, yet have not been able to locate someone who
>sells
>these caps. I have contacted the coilers that used them, and they said that
>they works great, even on fairly long runs.
>

>Thanks
>
>Will McManus

If you're looking for an interim solution until you can afford the MMC and
we have them availible I would reccomend building a Geek Group Bucket Cap.
They're simple, they work, and they're one if the cheapest caps on Earth (I
do think the party-cup cap is cheaper though....I gotta build one of those).

Have fun!

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group