Re: secondary coils

In a message dated 4/14/01 2:08:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
>  <RQBauzon-at-aol-dot-com>
>  >
>  > is it possible to make a coil without the secondary? I've seen huge
coils,
>  > like the ones that make 50' arcs, and i haven't noticed secondary coils.
>  > Besides, if I was buiilding a big coil, I wouldn't take the time to wind
>  15
>  > foot coil

RQB<

You're probably refering to Greg Leyh's spectacular Electrum project.
It *does* have a primary, but it's inside the secondary.  I assume
you meant to say "primary" in your question.  Then again, your
comment about the 15 foot winding, suggests that you do mean
the secondary.  I'm not sure what you're really asking.

John