Re: barium titanate doorknob caps

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Keep in mind though that Barium anything (salts, oxides, nitrates etc) are
> very toxic.
>
> --jeff

	I think you men Beryllium rather than Barium.  As anyone who has ever
had a GI X-Ray exam, it is quite common to use Barium (something
soluble, don't know which salt) taken internally to define the
intestines.  Don't believe that would be done if it were toxic at all.

	Seriously doubt that these devices would work at all for TC use.
Probably the wrong titanate.  One could find out pretty easily by
measuring the capacitance and dissipation factor.  If the capacitance is
in the right range and the dissipation factor (at RF, of course) is low
enough, they should work.

Ed

Ed