RE: PTs

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>
>Hi Christopher
>
>Some MOT's have only one high voltage lead, because the other lead is
>connected to the core; and to short the HV coil, connect the high voltage
>lead to the core. Some MOT's have two high voltage leads; and to short the
>HV coil, connect the two high voltage leads together. However some MOT's
>with two high voltage leads look like one of the leads is coming off the
>core, but both leads are insulated from the core. If you connect the outer
>lead to the core, you have not shorted the HV coil. It seems like you have
>not shorted the HV coil, making the primary current see high inductance
>which does not allow enough current to flow to the PT.
>
>Godfrey Loudner

This would make sence, but I'm sure I did it right. There were only 2 wires
from the HV side and one was very conspicuously grounded to the core through
a compression ring terminal and a rivet.

Same behaviour in the PT though.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group