Re: Brass electrodes: was- A Little more than general questions II

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <HVhighvoltageHv-at-aol-dot-com>

I have a question, i have 7/8 electrodes that are about 3/8 thick solid
until they hit the threaded hole, roughly how long will it take for this
amount of wear to take place on the brass??? i will be using between 1-4
kva ranging from nsts to mots and possibly orbits. I will not use this gap
for my later pole transformer project. Also, i would definatly have to
agree with the fact that brass is a great electrode, but i have never
tested tungstun carbide, will try this and report results.