Re: Maxwell cap oil is....

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/17/01 12:16:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com
>

> Are there any oils that aren't usable? How about vegetable oil? Is there
> any
> reason why it couldn't be used?
>
> In a message dated 4/16/01 9:39:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>

> > while repairing the rotor for the SRSG ( which has cap oil all over it )
> > kept noticing a very
> > familiar smell... It finally donned on me what that smell was...  Castor
> > Oil ... the same smell that
> > was all over the wings of my radio controlled airplanes...

        Other than the fact that vegetable oil eventually gets rancid,
stinks something awful when it does, is flammable, attracts bugs, and gets
bubbles in it as it putrefies, there's no reason not to use it. :-P (It is
less fattening than lard).

Matt D.