HV transistors

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

hi all,
ive aquired some high voltag transistors while scrounging for caps.
these transistors were being used in some sort of aircraft gear with
tranformers rated at 400 cycles 3000 volts. i was wondering if these
transistors might be usful to myself or perhaps others. all of these were
bolted to a heatsink, and i have two that were bolted to a VERY LARGE
heatsink. printed on them are:
SPC JAN
-at-N1016B
CDEZ 8947
USA

the transformers:
TF5TX04ZZ
IND. 0.014 H, 1V, 400HZ
-at- 2.5A DC
D.C.R. ; 0.39 OHMS MAX
WKG V. 3200V.

i understand i good bit of the transformer specs, but have no idea on the
transistors (if thats what they are). might the transformers be good for
ballasting or for chokes? the caps i pulled were three .1 uf caps rated
5kv oil filled non-pcb with cute little HV legs gray metal case and the
hardware to mount them down. all this was given to me by a friend who
wanted me to use it in my coil. i was looking for filter caps for the HV
end of my nst and i know these are damn well too big. cuz i tried to use
them and got a weak spark gap and no breakout from the tesla coil.

-fox