Re: Rotary phase adjustment

In a message dated 4/20/01 12:21:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  I guess I can
>  > determine whether I am at 240 or 120 bps by finding the spot where the
> safety
>  > gaps can be set the closest and still run at a given power level without
>  > firing.  The lowest setting would indicate the correct 240 bps rate.  It
> is
>  > nice that John's control circuit provides the option of running at either
>  > rate - but mandates that you know how you have it set up.
>  >
>  > Ed Sonderman
>  >

Ed,

I'm glad your system is working well.  A method that I use to
determine if the 240 bps is set correctly is to listen to the pitch
of the gap  The gap can be firing at 240 bps, but can sound like
it is running at 120 bps.  Only when the two bang sizes during
each half cycle are equal or near equal in size will the pitch
sound like 240 Hz (240 bps).  Also, as you mentioned, the safety
gap will be less likely to fire at that setting also.

John Freau