Re: Hollow PP Capacitors...

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Terry,

Apparently, the folks at High Voltage Components, Inc. agree with you!
Here's a picture of one of their hollow 0.03 uF 30 kV pulse capacitors that
was originally part of a high power pulsed laser system:
http://www.aquila-dot-net/bert.hickman/photos/HVCAP2.jpg

The 7" long capacitor has an outer diameter of 5" and the hollow interior
is 1.75" in diameter. The laser tube actually goes through the center of
the capacitor! The cap is made to have very low inductance and high pulse
discharge current... just look at the massive copper end terminal. Although
the main reason for this style construction was primarily to minimize
inductance, it no doubt also aids in heat dissipation.

Doesn't look like it's possible to patent the idea, though... :^)

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

<Big SNIP...>