Re: barium titanate doorknob caps/beryllium

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Al

Yes they use different ceramic to make cap ex: porcelain (
DIELECTRIC CONSTANT 5 to 7 ) and barium titanate ( DIELECTRIC
CONSTANT 7500 ) around 1000 time the energy density: not totally
true because  you need to consider the breakdown voltage in the equation.

Luc Benard

P.S. I remember people tried to use titanium oxide ( DC of 45 )
and titanium dioxide ( DC of 110 ) in different binder without
great success.