From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 11:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: General Radio W50 variac

Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>

Can anyone clear up some confusion about my General Radio W50 variac with
which
I am building my TC. The unit is 240 volts input and either 0 to 240 or 0 to
280 volts output. The current rating for the unit is stamped as 25 amps.
Does
the 25 amp maximum apply to the full 280 volt output or only at the 240 volt
output? Since I don't have access to a General Radio spec sheet, I am hoping
that someone on the list will know.