Re: Explain 3 Phase

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

thanks for your very helpful answers thus far. ive actually found a good
deal of additional info at a website called electrician's toolbox (dont
have the url handy). it explains the differernt transformers and how their
primaries and secondaries work and how to use a couple single phase
transformers to make a 3 phase.

im assuming that you can also hook 120 into the 2 outside terminals of a
transformer to energize the primary for tesla use. if a variac is used to
regulate voltage running into the pig, will that also help ballast/limit
current running into it, or can/will it still draw 15+ amps or act as a
short when the variac is giving out 10 volts. i thought i heard on here
that voltage and amperage is proportional  when using something like a
variac. so i guess im asking if variacs limit current as well as voltage.

thanks again for the help

-fox