Re: MMC vs. Maxwell caps?

Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Correct me if i am wrong, bt shouldnt the "matched cap size per 15kv 60 ma nst
be about .011uf???Also i have tryed to contact this seller serveral times, and
with little success. I think that you would be better off buying around 34 of
the geek caps, stringing 15 per row in series, and then connect the 3 rows in
series for .03 uf -at- 30kv. I might even increase the number of caps per row to
20 for .007 uf -at-40kv. Put 4 of these together and you have .028, which is
aroung what you need. The first arrangement would cost around $99.00 without
shipping, and the second arrangement about $176.00 I personally would go with a
mix of the two, and increase the max voltage to about 33-35. If you want, you
could buy a cap like this off of ebay, yet it would run you a little more than
$100.00 Just remember that in a mmc you can replace single caps, but with one
large one once it fries, you have to go buy a complete new one. I personally
have a .02uf 35kv that i wil! l be selling, and if the person i am possibly
going to trade with does not want it, i could sell it to you. This cap would be
good for the 2 nsts. Hope this helps