Re: Geek Group Bucket Cap and MMCs

Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> Group MMC sales are going GREAT! Have YOU got a Geek Group MMC?

I'm just about to buy some of those, but I'm having trouble
deciding what my tank cap size should be.

I'm running a 12/30 NST with a flat 7" ID, 1" t-t spacing
primary.

Resonance with the NST would be around 0.007uF, so I'm thinking
of going for around 0.025uF (2 strings of 12 of the 0.15uF caps).
That should give me a 24kV rating, which should be more than
sufficent, and give me enough caps to go to a 12/60 power supply
setup later with no problems.

That should put tuning somewhere between turns 4 and 5.

Does this sound reasonable?  The price is good.
DK