Re: Phase adjustment circuit

In a message dated 4/25/01 10:20:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Mike,

The size of the fuse depends on the size of the motor.  A 1/3rd
HP motor probably needs a 6A fuse or something similar.  Use
a large enough fuse so it doesn't blow out when you're using
the proper sized cap to give a the full phase shift with minimal
reso voltage buildup across the motor.  You'll probably need
100 to 180uF, somewhere in that area.  If the motor uses a
run cap, it may need a smaller phase shift cap than expected
however.  If the motor is 3600rpm, you'll get a 90 degree shift,
if it's 1800rpm you'll get a 45 degree mechanical phase shift,
(90 degrees electrical).

John Freau