Re: Bucket cap question

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Michael Rothberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fishboymichael-at-telocity-dot-com>

> Hi Matt, All,
>     If I am reading this correctly (?) than the best, short of
> hydrochloric acid, is calcium hydroxide.  Hydrated lime is cheep at the
> gardening supply store.  What would be the disadvantages of using this
> for a bottle and bucket cap?
>
> --
> Take care,
> Michael
>
> Paradise
> is exactly like
> where you are right now...
> Only much, much, better
>
> Laurie Anderson

Hi Michael...

Calcium hydroxide is caustic once it is mixed with water in sufficient
amounts. Aluminum wouldnt last long at all
in this enviroment.   one of my favorite "experiments" as a kid was to mix
sodium hydroxide with strips of
aluminum and water in a coke bottle to produce hydrogen to fill balloons
with. ( BTW it produced a fair amount of
heat in the process)

Scot D