Terry's RF filter Q's

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi Terry and All,

Got all the stuff to build an RF filter ala Terry. In the schematic it shows
both of the HV leads out of the filter as going to the main gap. I assume
this doesn't apply to me, as I dont have a rotory gap. Just to make sure
though, I can hook my coil up as usual?

And does using this filter not only protect the NST, but prevent/reduce line
noise going back into the main? Or do I need another filter on the variac
input?

And Terry recommended a fuse inline on the NST power supply. What if I put
say a 5 amp fuse in the variac? I forgot to get a fuse holder, and won't be
near a supply till next week.

As usual, thanks All.

Jonathan Peakall