Re: Terry's RF filter Q's

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Terry,

>>Got all the stuff to build an RF filter ala Terry. In the schematic it shows
>>both of the HV leads out of the filter as going to the main gap. I assume
>>this doesn't apply to me, as I dont have a rotory gap. Just to make sure
>>though, I can hook my coil up as usual?
>
>I would still think the NST/filter voltages would still go across you main
>gap regardless of the type it is.  Maybe a little more clarification is
>need here since I don't know exactly how your system is laid out...

In my system, one side of the transformer goes to each side of the cap, then
one lead from the caps goes to the SG, and the other goes to the primary
coil, as shown in the 250 kv system of John Couture's book, if you happen to
have that handy.

>>And does using this filter not only protect the NST, but prevent/reduce line
>>noise going back into the main? Or do I need another filter on the variac
>>input?
>
>The NST output filter will help line noise some.  I use two Corcom dual
>stage filters in my systems but I am an overkill kind guy.  Also got the
>webserver and stuff to worry about...

I'm an overkill guy too, so where's a good source to but a corcom dual stage
filter?

I'll stop plauging you, I promise!

Thanks yet again,

Jonathan Peakall