From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 8:15 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Bleeder resistor for Maxwell cap?

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

So I went and bought a Maxwell cap on eBay - 30kV, 0.06uF.  It'll be an
LTR cap for three 15/60 NST's (maybe a fourth 15/60 or a 15/30 thrown
on).

I was going to build an MMC, but I figured this would get me up and
running with my first coil quicker - no soldering all those caps and
resistors, etc.  If it blows, it blows, and I'll build an MMC.

Now, can I put a bleeder resistor across this as a safety precaution?
(I'd still discharge to ground after use.)  What type?  Preferably
something readily available from a supplier on the web.

	Thanks again,
	Bill Vanyo