Re: async rotory gap?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Marc,

I envisioned this as two rings on two different motors and the gap between
the two set as you would a
static gap. The quenching occurs from the air gap plus the fact the rings
are spinning causing the
rings to arc at multiple points along the ring. The spinning also cools. I
would imagine this would
work pretty good and you could set the ring gap as you would a static gap,
however, the voltage at
conduction should be far more consistant assuming the rings are truely
round and not flawed.

Actually if you think about this, little rings (say 2" diam.) could be
mounted to say 6 little dc
motors. Attach all 6 to the dc supply, flick the switch, and you'll have a
6 RRSG's (rotating ring
static gaps) which may require no fan. (or a single dc motor with a belt
drive setup for the rotating
rings). A lot of possiblity's.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>