Re: sound responsive coils? just an idea

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Modulate a Vacuum Tube coil...

The plasma spheres and luminglass things are basically tesla coils running
in a low pressure environment filled with a gas mixture that makes nice
colors (more expensive gases make better colors...)  The luminglass is just
two parallel plates with some crumbled solid in between (similar to
"crackle neon").