Re: The mother of all pole pigs!

Hi,

Are you sure that is a transformer and not a high voltage switch?  Try to find
a nameplate on it.  Also beware of PCBs.  It looks like it does not have oil in
it and the open pipes may have let water inside.  Probably should open the
access panel (if the oil is drained) before bringing it home to the garage to
see exactly what you have.

Looks like around 120kV.  Possibly some kind of potential transformer.  I would
go around to you local substations and see if you can find one like it in use
somewhere.  Then you can ask around for the details or see how it is used in
circuit...  The outside "can" tends to be generic for many devices so it is
hard to say.

Seems like over kill in any case for a Tesla coil but maybe you are thinking
really big :-))

Cheers,

        Terry