Re: a good topload...Electrodes

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/30/01 9:16:51 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com
>

> These toroids from D and M high voltage look shiny and smooth. Does any one
> know anything about these? Here is the site
> http://home-dot-netcom-dot-com/~davmckin/DMsEconomicalToroids.htm

Hi,

These are a spun fiber-glass donut wrapped in aluminum
tape. I am currently using an 8" X 30" one on my 10 kVA
piggie driven coil and it works quite well. It's smooth enough
that I need to add a breakout point to get well controlled
and directed streamers. Not quite as nice as a true spun
aluminum ( Landgren's ) toroid, but considerably better than
dryer duct.

David Rieben