Re: NST frequency

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Darin Willson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <darinwil-at-execpc-dot-com>

> Is there any way of easily finding out the frequency of my NST?
> It is a DC to AC  NST and I dont have any meters to determine the
> frequency. Also the transistors and other components are covered with
> HV epoxy so I cannot read any of the values. I have tried to remove the
> epoxy but it is very tuff and the acetone started eating wires. any ideas?
> Id like to make a micro-tesla coil just to say i did it but the frequency of
> this transformer is holding me back. Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Darin

Hi Darin...

sounds like you have an " Inverter " that supplies power for automotive
type of neon systems. Since
the input is DC, the output may also be DC.  If this is the case, the total
power out will be almost
too minimal to make a Tesla coil with. ( output is probably 2KV -at- 10mA.
just enuf to run a couple of
3' neons).

If we had more info on the unit we could give you more definate info :)

Scot D