Current transformer theory

Hi All,

I have been asked by a number of people about current transformers.  How do
they work?  How can you make them?  How do you hook them up?...

They are very simple but I was hoping there would be a nice web site or
something that would save me the thousand words...  Pearson and Simpson's
sites don't really explain them well and some of the other sites go into
amazing complexities about core materials and such.

If anyone knows of a good web site that would explain them to normal folks,
let us know ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry