Re: Art Service Offer

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

ted, terry
first off, i am sending two 1\4" carbide electrodes on glass stand offs
with 10g sow cable attached. one 1/8" carbide electrode with same cable
and setup, all with crimp lugs on the end and the trigger electrode has
the connector for the ford coil.
these can be screwed into any arrangement desired.
second, ed,
you're not going to be any kind of guinea pig using this. i have logged
a good 12 hours run time, at the least, using the "raw" circuit before
terry's testing, it performed very well with now ill effects.
i am installing it onto my pt system now self contained with blower and
gap in it's own case.
if you feel insecure with using or trying the gap in your service, then
please don't. i'm sure the pig coilers that built there first mmc were a
little afraid of blowing that expense, but trial is the only way to see?
there is only so much that can be done by thinking about it, sooner or
later you either forget it or you go with it. i don't understand why all
the concern? will you not be test running the coil "before" the haunted
house exhibition?
believe me when i say that though i was surprised by the "trash" in the
raw circuit, i blew nothing until trying the resistor filter cap setup.
i will use a line filter only on my pt, maybe a small resistor? but i
have a teslathon in new york on the 18th to attend and i have to go with
what i know works?
no ill regards to your fine work terry, it was a surprise, but i already
use a 60 amp dual line filter on my lab power feed and with the lab pc,
all my test equipment and a tv all in the same room in CLOSE proximity,
i have no worries.
it WILL be a slow time coming, but in the mean time i will enjoy the
ease and beauty of this gap. and i think terry will enjoy seeing it in
op on his big coil.
thank you,
marc